Wednesday, December 27, 2006
TT # 23
I borrowed this idea from my friend, Robin. She had a TT13 dedicated to her past jobs, and I thought it was pretty cool... so here is my list of...
Thirteen Jobs I Have Had
1. A Kroger bagger. It wasn't too bad of a job, but during the winter, man... it kicked my butt. I remember my mother making me get all dressed up in my Dad's Carhartts. It was embarassing.
2. A local ice cream joint employee. For one month. The Jolly Dipper, to be exact. I remember making my ex-boyfriend a milkshake, and him asking if there were pieces of coconut in the shake. It wasn't coconut. It was pieces of the styrofoam that I had chewed off of the cup when I had it on the machine (and that ex was Bob, Robin).
3. A ticket taker at a movie theater. For one day. Ace started a job at a theater when we were in college, and I wanted to spend as much time as I could with him so I decided to go for a job there. I hated it. HATED it. Did I mention that I hated it?
4. A ticket giver/event manager at our university's box office. LOVED this job. Absolutely loved it. Worked different events, sold the tickets, took care of front of house stuff. Just loved it.
5. A group sales ticket pusher at Cedar Point. This has and always will be my most favorite job of all time. I absolutely adored this job because I could go from college to this job, back to college, back to the job, and never, ever have to see my mother. Not. One. Single. Time. It was a glorious time for me, especially the summer that Ace worked there, too. Oh ... such glory days.
6. A research assistant for a tax professor. Ok. I did it for the carrel. I didn't want to be his research assistant, but he had a kick-ass carrel assigned for his assistant. So when he asked, I took it. I did absolutely NOTHING and he didn't care. It was a sweet setup.
7. A server at Friendlys. This was my longest server gig. I worked there in college and in law school. It was ok; we loved the instant money of it, but Ace HATED the way I smelled when I came home from work.
8. A server at Bob Evans. For one week. Yeah. Didn't care for that.
9. Administrator of the dispute resolution program at a Better Business Bureau. I really liked this job because I met a lot of cool people there. I didn't care for my boss, but I liked the Vice President ok. I worked there to the very last day before the Queen was born.
10. A server at the Olive Garden. Actually, I had this gig when I first graduated from law school and before I got the job in # 9. It was ok. I liked the eating part.
11. A Customer Service Manager at a Wally World Supercenter. Believe it or not, I really enjoyed this job. AND i was named their VERY first Employee of the Month! Hooo-ah! A law school grad working at Wal Mart. Hey ... I ain't too proud.
12. A Case Law Editor. It's an ok deal; I've had the chance to raise the kids and I appreciate having that opportunity.
13. Mother. I consider this the HARDEST job of all, and one that should be highly paid.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.
My new roommate