Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Baby lust, oh baby lust

What is it about a newborn baby that makes a person yearn to have one of their own?

At this rate, I will have contacted a fertility clinic soon to look into insemination. I am such a sucker for babies. I am such a sucker for wanting babies.

But isn't three an uneven number? Don't we need to round it out to four?

And then there is the question that is begged: what is a 37 year old woman doing, thinking about having a baby?

Ok. I won't look into it. But man.... I better be able to hold that nephew of mine pretty soon or I am going to go CRAZY!!!!

Hey.... on another note ... I don't think I have mentioned yet that I am going to CKU!!!! Oh yeah... I am. I am going with the girls. I am going to have an awesome time. I am going to pee my pants in excitement the entire week heading up to the weekend. I am not going to sleep a wink. I am going to spend save a lot of money ... how, you ask? Well ... I will save money on yarn. Because I won't be buying any. Yeah yeah yeah ... I will be spending it other places, but I WILL be saving money by not feeding my other vice.

Ok ... now I'm off to do a Google search for fertility clinics in the area. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Bellezza said...

You hit on a touchy subject for me, knitting maniac. When I was 29, and my son was born, I was actually stupid enough to not appreciate every single moment. I actually got annoyed sometimes, because my reading was interrupted. (Don't call DCFS.) Now that he's sixteen, and needs me for nothing, I lament his baby days with all my heart. Don't get me wrong, we did have a beautiful time together, but mostly from age 2 on. What I wouldn't give to do thme again...

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, and I am so the opposite. Maybe because I raised them basically myself and I too vividly remember the work that it was. And the lack of sleep I had. (I actually survived on about 2 hours a night for 18 months, I don't know how.)

Anyway, I hear babies crying in stores and it just makes me thank the Heavens above that it isn't my baby crying.

Don't get me wrong, I loved them as babies and enjoyed every moment...but I am so over it.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're in for an amazing time! Girls trip! Yeah!

As for the baby thing, I was 40 when I had Baby Bug. It's never too late!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Kailani!!!! Shut UP man!!!! Don't tell me that!!! LOL!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STOP IT RIGHT NOW before I am standing outside of your window (and you know I can!)..do I need to come smack some sense into you? YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PREGNANT person..remember? HMMM????
You have other things to spend your money on...
like yarn and CKU and stuff..
:)

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Soap Opera News
Ah yes ... winter is here
Easin' like Sunday morning...
Ever feel like a raging mommy?
A Valentine's Day Event
So Sorry
Pardon me if I don't believe you
Do you REALLY want to know how your driving is?
Nope ... nothing scintillating yet
Such an exciting weekend


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button