Wednesday, February 14, 2007

TT # 28



Thirteen Things About Starting Weight Watchers Again





1. Water. Drink it. Do it or retain salt. End of sentence.

2. Those Asian Dumplings at Ruby Tuesday's ... really can't have the whole plate anymore, dork.

3. WW makes a yummy little lemon snack cake. That I could eat the whole box of. In one sitting. Note to self: don't buy those again.

4. Exercise... really need to do it.

5. My children ask me about EVERYthing that I am doing ... Mommy, are you on Weight Watchers? What are you eating? Where is your black case? Why aren't you writing anything down? There should be points given to a person when they have to deal with that many questions just the first day on program.

6. My body hasn't been miraculously replaced with Barbie's yet ... I was expecting that on my first day back OP.

7. Although I think the points I have are a lot, the things I like to eat consume a LOT of those points.

8. Really... no more bacon and egg breafasts for me anymore. No more. That is a splurge. Read that, Ace? NO more.

9. Afer a while, a tangerine looks like chocolate.

10. Never again will I start this program on Valentine's Day.

10. # 2 ... I almost didn't record the sheer amount of points I consumed tonight for dinner. Then I realized that I needed to... for my own sake.

11. No matter how many times I hear it, this isn't a DIET. I have to tell myself that it isn't a diet. It is a change of life. Right? Right. I think so.

12. 10 points should be given, per child, per day, who have been in my house due to school closings .. so that should give me ... oh... 80 points.

13. I WILL do this. I WILL do it. I WILL I WILL I WILL!!!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!











Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I know..diets are so hard. The water part is crucial, but hard to get into. The less you are allowed to eat the more you want to. I'm proud of you Mer, I need to get some gumption to get on the boat to. No matter what size we are, it never is the RIGHT one, is it?!
I'm happy to be your exercise partner, if you want one...

6:54 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

my advice, from someone who's not on a "diet" but a change of eating habits, don't deny yourself ANYTHING, just eat a taste or a small portion.

Good for you for going back on WW. You can do it!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I heard WW was the best program.
I am supposed to be starting it.
You Go Girl!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

7:13 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Thanks so much!!!

Carmen, you are SOOOO right.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I started a "change of life" plan yesterday, too!! It's hard, but I got through yesterday OK so I'm gonna pretend every day is the "first day" haha x

7:34 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I am right there with you. No Weight Watchers, but all the same issues without the discipline of a program. *off to go drink a big glass of water now*

8:03 AM  
Blogger gomomyourock said...

WW is great - I like the Core Plan better than Flex because I'm a points fibber by nature. Good luck with it. Water, water, everywhere, all of it to drink.

Quote from my last meeting: "If you want a little behind you have to leave a little behind!" Funny, and oh so true.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it!!!!!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Good for you. You GO Girlie!

I always feel bad when someone else gets the motivation to do something good and I still feel like hmm... no not yet.

Happy Thursday Thirteen.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

You can do it! I would love to join WW, but don't hvae the money for the food. Great start... keep up the good work! Happy 13!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a little h20 FYI...I find that putting a slice of lime or lemon into my water really seems to help me drink more. It could be completely psychological that I think it tastes better that way, but whatever. As long as it helps me keep my water consumption up, who cares, right. ;)

3:10 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I'm on Weight Watchers, too. :) I'm eating their recipe for chili as we speak! It's actually very good.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

You are a very funny lady! Thoroughly enjoyed reading this - your kid classifications are a hoot. Good luck with WW!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Best wishes with this change in your life. It's a good one. Wish I were mentally ready so I could make those needed changes. Not quite "there" yet.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

I am sure that I am the only person on the planet, who, wanting to lose a few extra pounds, goes on WW and GAINS two pounds this week! Hello?! Dieting just makes me mad. I think it's almost better to do as the woman in French Women Don't Get Fat says: find your weakness and moderate it. Only, what if your weakness if fried, sweets, and starch? I'd only be eating greens...

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Snow Emergency Etiquette
Lest you think I kid....
Peter and Paul
The Master of My Domain
Snow snow go away
My renter needs some help
Friday Feast # 2
Knock me over with a feather
TT # 27
The picture of the Grammy bite


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button