Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ah yes.... spring break

This is the official start of the kids' spring break.

Ten glorious days at home.

Here's how it will go:

Day one: the older two will lie around for about 20 minutes, watching SpongeBob, get bored, and start asking when we are going to do something.

And then it will all go downhill from there. Quickly. Like a boulder off of Pike's Peak. And the noise will be about the same.

If I had been SMART, I would have taken some vacation time. But I like to horde my time until the end of the year when I can tick my manager off when I say things like "oh yeah... I have 15 days to use" in November.

And of course, this will be EVERYone's spring break in the area. So it isn't like we can sneak into someplace without having 10,000 other kids there, too. And one of the Queen's good friends (no, not chicken girl) has taken off and gone to Hilton Head for her vacation. I can always count on her mom literally taking the Queen for a whole day and even overnight because the girls have a blast together.

So maybe we will plan a little trip and stay somewhere.

And then again, maybe not. Who knows.

See how prepared I am?

Oh well. At least I KNOW where my kids will be for the next few spring breaks. I am NOT looking forward to the college trips. Oy vey. God grant me the strength. Do you think I can convince my kids that I am homeschooling them through college?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the college spring breaks. I seriously have nightmares over Dreaded Teenager possibly going on one already. Gah!

And yeah, my kids are off this week too. And I can't take any time off, after having 2 weeks off just a week or so ago. And aren't I mean for going away for 10 days without the kids when their spring break is around the corner? Bad mommy. LOL!

Eh. Next year Pman would like to take the kids somewhere. The thought terrifies me. He's so not a good travel companion and he's even worse when the kids are with. *rolling eyes*

Enjoy your spring break.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't even decided if my kids are going to be allowed to go to college..lol
Totally, just dawned on me that umm the kids are off Monday, so I guess I will need to be off too. This week has come up much too quickly for me. Of course anytime I have to look at a whole week at home with children is too much for me. HA! Mine will be leaving Monday night and gone until later Wednesday. Thank you God for grandparents.
:)

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

The grass isn't always greener
Get your own dam* blog!
TT # 33
Another Wordless Wednesday
Wordless Wednesday
Cisco the horse
P.U.!!!!
Holy FRAK!
So in love
Friday's Feast # 7


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button