Monday, September 10, 2007

Remember those Staples commercials...

I think they were Staples.... or Office Depot or something. The one with the kids dragging through the school supply aisle with that Christmas carol playing in the bacground ... It's the most wonderful time of the year.... and the Dad is happily throwing the supplies into the shopping cart with reckless abandon?

Yeah. That's me. And that will be me, making up those lunch boxes today and carting two of three children to school this morning. You see, the Monkey and the Queen go to schools very close to one another, but the Man goes to school a little bit away from them. So Ace and I are dividing and conquering this morning.

And then .... I will have the WHOLE house to myself for about 2 hours until I have to go back and get the Monkey from preschool.

I might ... work. I don't know. Don't hold me to that.

But I do know this: It will be quiet in here. Vewy, vewy quiet.

I am slowly moving toward that mother that I have envied for so many years ... the one who doesn't have a kid in preschool anymore. That will be me next year.

But I will relish this time. I will savor it.

Because I know in nine years, when I am rousing a senior, a sophomore, and an eighth grader from their beds, I will wish for these years to come back.

Happy First Day of School, people.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I hear you!

I relished every day of my kid's childhood, but damn, it is nice eating lunch alone and not having to retrieve one from school and bring them to daycare or something. Love it.

Enjoy your quiet time.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

Yeah, those days are gone for me. But now that I do have a junior (how the hell did that happen!), I am very thankful that she is so independent. She actually wakes the hubby up who is charge of kid breakfast for the other 2. Youngest wakes me up 15 minutes before her bus comes...I have it good!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Dear (Insert Name Here)
Wow... where IS your mother?
To My Little Man
Shhhh.... what's that I hear?
Clean Sweep, Mother Nature Style
LIke Dorothy says...
Things I never thought I would learn (or have to l...
Just a litte update
Dear Nationwide Flood Insurance Department
Wish you were here


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button