Sunday, June 18, 2006

Baptizing the bathroom

When I saw that penis on the ultrasound for the first time, I was thrilled. Adding a boy to the mix of our family excited me to no end. Boy Scouts, Matchbox cars, and baseball games were in our future.

What they didn't tell me was in my future were times of urine soaked socks as I trapsed into the bathroom after the Door Man had used the facility.

"What the HELL is this on the floor?" I exclaimed loudly.

"Oh yeah... the Man seems to have a problem with hitting the toilet" explained Ace.

"THIS is why I told you NOT to teach him how to pee standing up!" I shouted back.

"Well, he can't SIT like a ....a ... GIRL, you know!!!" Ace yelled back.

"Sure he can. He screams like one, let him sit like one!"

Thinking that this was a "phase" that we had to overcome (because you know, my DAD doesn't pee on the floor, and neither does Ace), I would spray the floor with disinfectant, vowing to make the Door Man clean up after himself after this.

If you have ever seen the Door Man in action, no way would you put bathroom cleanser in his hands, telling him to spray the pee. So that didn't work.

After months of dealing with this, I decided to follow the Man into the bathroom on one of his visits.

"What are you doing, Mommy?"

"Nothing. Go about your business."

The Door Man pulls his pants down, assumes the position, starts to pee, and then TURNS AROUND to ask me why I was standing behind him. Pee sprayed in all directions as he was carrying on his one-sided conversation with me.

So I decided that the key was to not offer any distractions to the Door Man when he peed. That didn't help. He carried on conversations with his imaginary friends when he didn't have anyone else to talk to.

The other day, I heard the noises of a hand-held game that Ace uses to cajole his bodily functions to occur. I wondered who was playing with it, and decided that I should go check.

Sure enough, there is the Door Man doing his business with the game in BOTH hands, and he is pushing all the buttons on it, exclaiming "look at me! I'm peeing AND playing a game at the same time!"

I just hope that I have this boy trained by the time I have to turn him over to his future wife. If not, I will be sure to give her a roll of paper towels, some Scrubbing Bubbles, and a lifetime supply of flip flops to wear into the bathroom. She won't understand at first, but she will.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen Bodkin said...

Cheerios! Throw them in the toilet, and tell him to try and aim for the middles of the O's.....great story for his future wife...ha ha!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Oh Karen ... if it could only be that easy. He would probably bend OVER to get a look at the Cheerios!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Kel said...

LMAO! We have the same issue with Little Man. Finally one day I looked at Chief and told him to go disenfect the bathroom. LOLOLOLOL

I'll go and buy flip flops with you....they'll come in handy for the wives of both of my boys.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just passing through and LOVE what I've read so far, so I have added you to my favorites.

Oh, oh, I can so relate! I have three boys, yes, three. I have decided with boys that it is absolutely necessary to: 1. Get them their own bathroom, 2. Make them clean it themselves (of course, mine are older, but they clean a mean toilet), and 3. Replace the toilet seat OFTEN.

But I do have one that is required to sit down to pee because (even at age 14) he couldn't hit the water to save his soul.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear, that is hilarious. I've yet to face this situation, my boy is still in naps (16 mnths old).

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

.....light the corner of my mind ....
And you would find that word where in the dictionary?
Who knew a relaxed bladder could feel so good?
A glimpse into my future
Cars + 3 year old = Disaster
Sign me up
We need 10 percent down on that layaway, please
Margarita in hand
Aretha ... sing it, girl!
And the walls came tumbling down


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button