Monday, June 19, 2006

Yeah... ok.. but what do they DO?

As one of my commenters pointed out, cureal is a word used somewhere in Google world. I edited my post below to reflect the fact that I had misspoken: they were using the word cureall.

Ok. Sometimes it takes me a minute or two to catch on to things. I pride myself in being a smart woman, but sometimes ... there are those moments where I am not so proud of myself. I have a law degree. I am a mother of three who I think to be semi to pretty intelligent young people.

But I have my *and don't flame me, blondes* blonde moments. I think we all have them, but there are some of us who have them more often than others. I am one of those "some of us" people.

When I realized that I (1) had misspelled a word that I was bitching about, leaving out one of the "l"s and (2) had laid it out on the blog world that I wasn't too bright, I had one of those ding ding ding ding moments: cureall was probably cure all.

Our store is your cure all.

NOW I feel like a flipping moron. But that reminded me of this time in college ....

Ace and I, then dating, went to see Aladdin. Yes, we would grace the movie theaters more than any couple should have, and you could tell we were scraping the bottom of the barrel at that time when he had to watch a Disney movie. But we loved them, so we went to them (when we could).

The movie was over, and Ace is the type who doesn't want to miss a thing. He HAS to have the extra discs when we rent movies so he can watch the deleted scenes. Like they hold the answers to life in them.

The credits were rolling, and Ace was sitting on the edge of his seat, probably waiting for some Robin Williams' outtakes. He wasn't reading the screen. But I was.

This word scrolled by: inbetweeners.

I sat there, perplexed. Hmmm.. strange credit.

"Hey ... did you see that word?"

Because I wasn't Robin Williams in some outtake yet to be seen, Ace didn't hear me.

"Hey! did you see that word?"

"WHAT?"

"That word ... what do you think it is an in bet weener does?"

And because I STILL didn't resemble Robin Williams, Ace brushed me off and said "I don't know."

Luckily the woman in front of us WAS listening to me, and her shoulders started shaking up and down as she was consumed with the giggles.

I repeated to myself "that is just a funny job ... in bet weener."

Not being able to stand my stupidity any longer, and probably feeling sorry for me that I was with such an inattentive date, she turned around, and in her semi-Southern accent, she said "honey ... that is inbetweener ... .like they are inbetween something."

Needless to say, I was mortified. Ace, not paying one bit of attention, couldn't understand why I had to make such a hasty exit from the theater that night.

I was just glad that I never had to be an in bet weener OR an inbetweener because I still don't know what they do!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and don't forget about "rubon."

Thanks for the laughs!!

C.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Baptizing the bathroom
.....light the corner of my mind ....
And you would find that word where in the dictionary?
Who knew a relaxed bladder could feel so good?
A glimpse into my future
Cars + 3 year old = Disaster
Sign me up
We need 10 percent down on that layaway, please
Margarita in hand
Aretha ... sing it, girl!


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button