Friday, July 28, 2006

Sweet, sweet sound

I am supposed to be getting in the shower in order to take Queen Bee to her swim lesson, but I heard this sound, and I knew I had to blog about it.

The sound is the Monkey's laugh.

There is nothing sweeter in this world. She is the cutest little giggler, and she can crack herself up at a moment's notice.

The Monkey finds the humor in most situations, almost to the point of it being scarey. To think that a child at the tender age of three can find humor.....

Right now, she and the Door Man are out in the hallway with a flashlight, making shadows on the wall. She is giggling with delight as new shadows are formed and the Door Man finds a new shape to make.

Yesterday, the Man was eating lunch and had had quite a bit to eat. He was playing the "which is bigger" game with pretzel sticks. He would hold up a normal-sized one, and a small one, and say "Mommy .. which one is bigger?" and I would say "your head." Well, he didn't like that, so he said "stop saying thaaaaaaaat" as a loud Barney burp emitted from his body.


The Monkey erupted in a fit of laughter. "He.... say ..... THAAAAAT..... burping....... "

She laughed for five minutes about it. And of course, I laughed with her.

Laughter really IS the best medicine. We should do it more often, and children should always be involved.



9 Comments:

Blogger Bellezza said...

There's not much better than a shared laugh with your kids.

There are far too many crabby people out there, who can't find humor in anything.

Oscar Wilde said, "A pessismist is the peson who, when faced with two bad choices, takes both of them."

Not us! :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

p.s. I would like to add your blog to the links on mine.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Elleoz said...

I totally agree that there is nothing better in thois world that the sound of children's laughter.

The sound of either of my children's laughter fills my heart with more love and pride than anything else in this world. No matter how horrible a day I have had, there smile is an instant cure.

Have a great weekend!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I LOOOOVE that quote from Oscar Wilde. I have never heard that before!

And I would be honored if you added me to your links. I am going to do the same!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Absolutely right, we need to laugh more! When my kids get me to giggling, I feel younger, don't you?

7:59 AM  
Blogger cdorsey said...

Great story. Children are so much fun!

Catherine

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man...my kids come home on Sunday and I am so stoked. I've been missing them like crazy and since I know they've been having a bad time (again) this summer, it's even worse.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

TT # 3
Musings..
Hot Tot Toy Awards
I'm starting to think I need to change his name
Give a shout out!
Opening a can of whoop ass
Thirteen of My Favorite CerealsI am a self-proclai...
I can't believe we have the same taste
It's all in the eyes
Robert Palmer knew nothing


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button