Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hellishly Hot

What the hell? Why does it have to be SOOOOO damn hot outside? 100 degrees today. Humidity of 1005 percent. I mean... criminy (that is pronounced crymany). Yeah... it is a family phrase.

So nothing adds to the heat of the day than a ....

FREAKING DEAD AIR CONDITIONER!!!!!

Oh yeah. You read that right. DEAD. Deader than a nit. Deader than Elvis. Deader than Ghandi. Deader than Mother Theresa. You get the drift.

I was walking around the house this afternoon, thinking to myself "self.. it sure is hotter than hell in here. Let's go make sure the air is on."

83 FREAKING DEGREES in my house. And getting warmer.

The blower was running, but the unit was just sitting there, not doing a damndiddlydoo thing. That is when Mama starts talkin' smack! I started cussing like a sailor, and Queen's eyes became saucers. I am pretty sure I saw the Door Man, taking notes.

Called a repairman. Said he can come over tomorrow morning and get the part number for the compressor, because he can just tell that is the problem. See... the unit. It makes this buzzing sound. Kinda like it wants to work, but it has decided that working is just too much work.

So.... I have the window unit in our room running full-tilt, and fans in the hallway pulling the cooler air from our room into the hallway and into the kids' rooms. Queen is asleep on the floor in front of the fan.

And I have to admit... it did force me to take my children to the .... gasp... oh gosh I hate to admite this... the PUBLIC POOL! Where promptly 10 minutes after we got there, they had to evacuate because someone puked in the pool. Nice. I think "puking in the pool" is codename for "high school lifeguards don't want to work yet so let's go have a powow over at the yellow slide of death and make everyone sit in the grass and explain to their children why they can't get in the pool yet" because I certainly witnessed no puking at all.

At least that is what I am telling myself because I had just gone under the water at about the time they blew their whistles.

Gah. Bleck.

Back to that air compressor...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shudder*

P's son has been living in the basement the past few days just to escape the heat. At least I think he's down there, I've only seen him twice in the past two days. LOL!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Proof positive of why you should never send a chil...
Mommy Off the Record soon to leave
Sweet, sweet sound
TT # 3
Musings..
Hot Tot Toy Awards
I'm starting to think I need to change his name
Give a shout out!
Opening a can of whoop ass
Thirteen of My Favorite CerealsI am a self-proclai...


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button