Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Drama with a Capital D

This morning, Queen told me that she "woke up wrong." I didn't know what she meant at all. Then she described to me how she felt: wobbly, headache, sort of tummy ache, and just overall yuckiness. I thought "well, there's that virus that was showing up as a cold with the younger two... it is just manifesting itself differently in her."

I gave her bowl of Cocoa Pebbles, hoping to boost her blood sugar. It helped a little, but then she came back to my room and was complaining again. Because we had a scare with Diabetes Type 1 last year (she was misdiagnosed as having it), we have a tester kit here at the house. I decided to take her sugar reading. It was 86. No problems. But then I realized that it was an hour after she had eaten all that sugar, and it probably should have read in the 100s. So I thought that I had solved the mystery: hypoglycemia.

I went ahead and gave her some Ibuprofen for her headache, and fed her some animal crackers. Well, both of those remedies worked, and she came bounding out of my room, eyes all aglow and ready to attack the day. I chalked it up to low blood sugar.

Until this afternoon.

The older two went outside to play during the Monkey's nap. I heard someone come in, and then leave. About one minute later, the phone rings. I looked at the caller ID, and saw that it was our cell phone. At first, I thought it was Ace, but then I remembered that he didn't take the phone with him. So I knew it was one of the kids.

It was Queen.

Mommy .... can you come out here.

Where ARE you?

Out here.

What is wrong?

I'm not feeling well at all.

Thinking I would go out and find her laid out on the couch, I went to the living room. No Queen. Still on the phone with her, and carrying a trash can ... just in case ... I asked her where she was again.

I'm outside.

So I go out in the backyard, and sure enough, with her back up against the garage, sits Queen with the cell phone in her hand.

What is wrong?

When I walk, I can't walk a straight line. I am all wobbly again, and not feeling well.

Well, ok. But who got the cell phone for you to call me.

I did.

Ok. You walked INTO the house (albeit in a "not straight" way), grabbed the cell phone, came BACK outside, sat down on the patio, and called me to tell me something you could have told me from the couch?

Ummmm..... yes.

Once she was back inside and on the loveseat, I looked at her and said ...

A little melodramatic, don't you think?

And she agreed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope she's feeling better. That was very cute (even the drama of it all).

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, now, that made me giggle. I love how she called you on the phone.

I hope she's feeling better, poor thing.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Yes, she is feeling MUCH better. Almost 100 percent.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

THANK GOODNESS it was just melodrama! I was really worried for a minute there.

Here's a phrase I say to my niece, "Save your drama for your mama."

Which apparently, your daughter did. ;)

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

When the Door Man was about 2 1/2 years old, and ...
Well I would probably just wear my street clothes
I have figured out why it is raining
We, the People, in order to form a more perfect un...
TT # 6
My new tenant! Give her some love
A glimpse of the competition yet to come
Yesterday, the Door Man and the Chandelier Monkey ...
Some serious thoughts
A free tube in every bowl


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button