Monday, August 21, 2006

Well I would probably just wear my street clothes

My sister works at a real estate office. My Dad is the sales manager there, and my brother is an agent. My sister has been their controller for close to 20 years now, maybe over that. So she is entrenched in the market, the agents at her office, and the agents at other offices, as well.

She attended a surprise birthday party this weekend, where some of her office was in attendance. One of the agents commented that his wife wasn't at this party because she was going to another party held in one of our community's hoity-toity neighborhoods. It was ....

A White Trash Party.

Ok. Give me a break. Seriously. How rude is that? Those of us who are probably deemed by the upper crust to be white trash (which would be anyone not listed in their income level) are greatly offended by the concept.

What would one wear to a white trash party? Had I known they were throwing this shindig, I would have set up a garage sale across the street, and sold them their party clothes. They could have shopped in my housewares department for the White Elephant gag gifts. And if they wanted to give the hosts' kids presents, they could rid me of our Sit n' Spin that plays all sorts of annoying music... because you know, that is what we white trash folks have in our houses.

What would one do at a white trash party? Do they serve hooch out of a trash bin. Or worse yet, drink Bud Light? I know I have had my share of hooch in a bucket at college parties, and have certainly partaken of a Bud Light or two. Or ten.

The fact that the party was co-hosted by a couple who are not originals to this town (really, there are very few of us left), and co-hosted by an individual who is a real estate agent, makes me sick. I would love to see the looks on the faces of the individuals who list with this agent when they hear that they were being made fun of at this party. Even if I don't know what they did at this party, the fact that they themed this party as White Trash makes me glad that I don't run in their circles.

What are they teaching their kids? I certainly hope that these kids were not present, and didn't hear one word about the preparation of this party.

Next week, I think I might have a Rich Bitch party. But I highly doubt that they would have a garage sale to help me furnish the party supplies. Because that is too White Trash.

8 Comments:

Blogger Bellezza said...

I seriously adore your sense of humor. You are, I hope you don't take this critically because I mean it fondly, as sarcastic as me. It's wonderful to read your posts; you say what I would think if I was there.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh. how rude. it wouldn't surprise me if half the people i work for/with were there. it's becoming so hoity-toity i can't stand it. give me a budlight and let me party hard, without worrying about what anyone thinks of me!

hey...what about dinner tuesday or wednesday???

4:09 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

You certainly have not offended me. I am the Queen of my Island of Sarcasm!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Ooooo.... Christie! When, woman!?!?!? I am free either of those nights!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Me said...

A Rich Bitch party...that's rich...pun intended. lol That just proves that having money doesn't mean that you have "class".

6:36 PM  
Blogger Lilize said...

hehe... hipocrisy runs wild nowadays huh?

anyways, don't forget to write "rsvp" at the bottom of the invitation ^^

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'd so go to a Rich Bitch party. LOL!

But yeah, a white trash party is pretty darn tacky. I gotta know though...did they rent a trailer?

2:31 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Sue, I have no idea what they did. I am sure the men wore undershirts with stains on them, carried their beer around in can Koozies, and the women wore mumus and yelled at their kids every 10 minutes. At least that is what life is like here... ;)

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

I have figured out why it is raining
We, the People, in order to form a more perfect un...
TT # 6
My new tenant! Give her some love
A glimpse of the competition yet to come
Yesterday, the Door Man and the Chandelier Monkey ...
Some serious thoughts
A free tube in every bowl
The answers to the burning TT questions
TT # 5


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button