Saturday, December 09, 2006

My worst dream came true last night....

Ok ... it isn't THAT bad. It isn't life-threatening. It isn't even life-altering. It was just a moment in time when I felt saddened...

The words Season Finale stated at the end of the preview for next week's Battlestar Galactica.

It is over for the season, ladies and gents.

Move on, you people who don't watch because this is going to get all sci-fi-y on ya.

It is ending next week for probably a long time. Remember when they said "in October" back in February when they started to play the scenes of the upcoming season? I REALLY let loose on my other blog. I was mad. I didn't want to WAIT until October. I COULDN'T wait until October.

But guess what? I made it. And I will make it again. Even if they say "coming in December 2007."

But there WILL be swearing and some items being hurled through the air.

This is really the one and only show I crave. Some have Grey's Anatomy. Others have Survivor, while others have Lost.

I have BG. And I am darned lucky that I married a man who is as much a sci fi geek as I am.

I even want a BG tshirt. How sad is that? I need one that says "Frak" on it. Because nobody would get it. And I could have my own little secret as people looked at my chest and looked away because they didn't want to know and didn't want to ask. Because that is how much of a geek I am.

I always say "don't make eye contact with a kid who has fallen down" because they start to cry once they have your attention.

The same thing with BG people. If you get us started, we will launch into why we love it so much. Why we love this series. Why we love the characters. Why we love the special effects. Why we love Friday nights at 9. Why we love Caprica but hate Sharon. Why we secretly want Bill and Laura to "get together."

Because... we are geeks. And proud of it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm a geek because I HAVE all of those shows on my DVR.
Geek or no..I love you no the less...
Today is almost over friend..

1:24 PM  
Blogger jedimerc said...

It's ok, if it is anything like last year, they might start back up in January or something (they are doing that with heroes). That's why the DVD sets were 2.0 and 2.5 (and I am sure to make money).

What happened to the day when TV seasons were 24 episodes long? *sigh*

3:48 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

We are ultra lame and don't get the sci fi channel with our ultra cheap cable. However I fell so in love with BSG that I am planning on buying the seasons as they come out on DVD. I have season 2 and am drooling over 2.5. After Christmas we are going on a DVD glut with all of our gift certificates. My husband is very into the whole Stargate series, I like them but am not nuts for them like I am for BSG.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

My mother raves about BSG, so I thought I would try it.

Wow. I love it. Frak-tacular.

I am just a bit lost though. It is hard to jump into this series during the third season. I am planning on getting the rest of the series on DVD to catch up.

Frak is like a code word among the BSG admirers too. If you drop it in casual conversation, a fellow BSG junkie's eyes will light up and engage you in theoretical cylon conversation.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

It is one of those days.KinderChoir practice in le...
Remember the lickable wallpaper in the original Wi...
Calgon, take me away
One more day...
TT # 20
Oooooo.... I wish this had been around when I was ...
Perfect timing
Why don't you turn that high-powered perception at...
My cool find
and I am sure there is something wrong with this a...


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button