Sunday, December 31, 2006

Winding down the weekend/ramblings

Well it has been a flurry of activity here as usual. Worked yesterday morning to finish up for the week, ran to the grocery, came home and cooked up our "Christmas" dinner with the inlaws, ran to Hobby Lobby, dropped a few bucks, and then went to friend Robin's.

To Julie, Christie, Robin, and Wendy ... thank you for forgiving all time. Even if I haven't seen some of you for months, it is like it was yesterday that we saw one another. And there are no expectations (well, other than showing up, of course!). I am so happy to have you all in my life. Now I am going to start calling you. Every day. Five times a day. ;)

Trying to decide what I want to do today. I need to knit an order. I want to keep the momentum of scrapping going. I will probably go with the latter.

And speaking of latter ... when you have three or more choices, don't you say "latter of the X"?

So I say:

We could (1) go to the movie, (2) stay home, or (3) go to the grocery ... do you say latter of the three? Because with former and latter, isn't the implication that there are only two choices? So do you say "latter of the three"?

Burning question, I know. But one that Ace and I had the other day when I presented three options to him, and he said the latter and I said "which one?"

Poor Ace. He has even admitted that he doesn't like to argue with me because he can never win. I told him it wasn't fair to compare himself to me, and that he should keep on trying. That is like comparing a person who rarely rides a horse to a jockey.

And then we are sitting in church, and Mini Martha decided to come, which made me happy. But she is sitting there, TEXTING her daughter. Like three times. There was one point in time when Queen (who decided to bypass her first church and sit with us, and YAWN all the way through service) even pointed at Mini Martha, and I said "I know .. she doesn't know better, does she?"

I will give her the benefit of the doubt the first time ... her daughter/my niece is due in a few weeks, so she wants to be at her beck and call. But after the first text, if it doesn't include the phrase "gng 2 hsptl; mt me thr" then you probably should put the phone away and call her after church is over.

But that wasn't the point of me bringing up the subject of church. Our pastor asked us if we knew what a blog was, and my MIL is sitting right there. You see, the Queen knows about this blog, and I was afraid that she would open her mouth and say "My Mommy has one that my Grammy doesn't know about!" right there in the middle of church. But she didn't, thank goodness. Because I am not ready for that reckoning quite yet.

And speaking of the inlaws, they are coming over here in a bit, so I should end this little post.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with your text vocab woman! Yes, Ace should never try to argue with a woman, particularly one that is a lawyer for heaven's sake! Matt gave up along time ago I think!
Loved having you over...:)
I always cringe when tatoo's are brought up in front of my MIL. I have that same sinking feeling that one of my darling children will say.."My mom has a tatoo on her butt"
that will be one charming day..

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved seeing you last night. Love that the only expectation we have of one another is to laugh and have a good time. Love your stories. You rock, girlfriend!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Do you know me?
I love carrots
ob·ses·sion - noun - 1. the domination of one's th...
Baby Jane says...
TT # 23
My new roommate
Kudos to Ace
And you can take THAT to the bank
Let's break out those MLK decorations!
The Aftermath


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button