Friday, February 23, 2007


Appetizer

Where on your body do you have a scar, and what caused it?

I have a 5-6 inch scar on my left hip where I had surgery when I was about 9 months old. My hip was dislocated at birth so I was in a cast. The cast was a major deal, with a hole ... yes, a HOLE ... in the bottom where they could put a diaper on. Needless to say, I guess I smelled awful sometimes. I remember getting the cast sawed off of me, so I guess I was in it for a while.

Soup

What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle?

Hands down, it would have to be the "voice" I heard tell me that the Monkey was a person who I needed to have. I was sitting in church one Sunday, drifting in and out of the sermon. I was by myself as Ace was at work. I started thinking about whether we should have a third child because we had always been on the fence about it. Then a voice in my head said "Riley Kathleen (this was the name we were going to use ... we didn't) exists ... let her happen." I thought it was just a strange thing, so I dismissed it. The following Sunday, same scenario, not listening to the sermon, and I thought that we should have the two kids dedicated to the church. I imagined us up front, and the kids were standing beside us, and I had a baby in my arms. We conceived the Monkey the following night with no intention of doing so. Her due date was always a mystery to us because the dr's office kept putting it in July, which made no sense because that would have put us conceiving her AFTER I tested positive.

Salad

Name a television personality who really gets on your nerves.

Ok... just one? For movies, it is definitely Tom Cruise. Can't stand him. Used to love him. For television, it is Calista Flockhart. I LOVED her in Ally McBeal. Then she started dating Harrison Ford, and nobody moves in on MY man. B**ch.

Main Course

What was a funny word you said as a child (such as "pasketti" for "spaghetti")?

I have no idea what I mispronounced. My mother never told me "cute" stories, but I do know that my first word was "beer." My Dad must have been so proud.

Dessert

Fill in the blank: I have always thought ______ was ______.

I have always thought my hometown was a good place to raise kids (the reason we moved back here).

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not really a mispronunciation but funny story...When I was little my mom called me in from playing. She said, "What were you singing outside?" I said "marijuana." I went on to explain that I thought it sounded like a beautiful name for an indian princess. You know like Pocahontas... except I was singing about a hallucinogen!!! I remember it. I was 5 I think. Mom told that wasn't a good thing to sing but didn't really explain why. Ah, the innocence of childhood.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Oh my gosh, Jacque!!! That is hilarious!

That is your new name now you know ... Princess Marijuana!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but I do know that my first word was "beer."

Ok, I love that! LOL!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

I'm scared to read yours first, in case I copy any of your ideas. Wait a minute, there's nothing about holidays this week, is there? :P

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey b#tch he is mine! ha ha!
maybe I'll have to do this Friday feast thing...
beer..
HA!
I love you. Hope your town meeting went well..let me know when you are running for president.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

One of my 1st words was also beer...guess what my favorite drink is!! I still hear about one of my mispronounced works. I substituted "P" for "K"...so when I wanted a "kiss" I would ask for a...

5:59 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

LOL, Ann!!!!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what's with Calista's lips? When I watch Brothers & Sisters, I can't help but stare at them. It's so distracting!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Love your answers! You got a whole range of responses from me: from laughing to awwwwww, so sweet. I love the story about your daughter. And no kidding, Harrison Ford, hubba, hubba!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

TT # 29
Do you think the Monkey needs this?
Thank you, Valentine
Remedial Email Reading 101
Hurry Up, Abe ... George is having a Global Teleco...
Hey if you aren't doing anything on this Sunday af...
Are you a fun person?
My new renter
Friday Feast # 3
TT # 28


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button