Monday, February 19, 2007

Hurry Up, Abe ... George is having a Global Teleconference

What is your opinion:

Presidents Day. Bank holiday. Hallmark holiday. Teacher holiday.

My opinion: Bank holiday, which has been taken and run with by the school systems.

Some schools are having classes today because they have used up all of their calamity days and are over. Not our school system. I have lost count, but I think we have used our allotted five.

So ... yet another day home with the kidlets. And I am extremely fortunate (yes ... you heard me ... FORTUNATE) to have this job where I can stay home with them. Now, don't ask me WHY the president of our organization has chosen today, of all days, to speak to us in a global teleconference. At noon.

What will be discussed? Only the president knows. Honestly, I think it will be a waste of my time. But I need to learn to respect authority better. I don't do well with it, and I teach my kids the same thing by living that kind of life. So I guess I should pay the respect that things deserve...

But still ... two things happening today that I think are unnecessary. And those two things will meet in the middle at noon. Luckily my phone will be on mute so they won't have to listen to my kids. But then again ... maybe I should take it off of mute and someone can keep saying "whose kids are those? That poor person has to WORK with those kids at home? She needs a 100 percent raise to be applied retroactively for five years."

One can dream, can't they?

Oh yeah.... and my first weigh in .... lost 3.9 pounds!!!!!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!! Great job woman!!!! I knew you could do it!!!
How long will your conference last today?! I totally think you should let the kids go crazy in the background..serves them right for making you work on a holiday!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Great job on the weight loss!!!! I have total respect for you and the whole will power thing. Don't give in to the siren call of the Weight Watchers lemon bar!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I wish our school system would have used today to make up for a snow day. I think we're 2 days over.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Woohoo! That is an excellent start.

Oh man, a conference at noon. Isn't that perfect timing? I mean, even if your kids weren't home and even if you worked in an office...noon? As in, when people get the heck out of the office to eat lunch? If it were me I'd MAYBE tape it for listening to later. You know kind of like DVR for telephone conferences.

No one messes with MY lunch hour...no one. LOL!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck said...

your right, bank holiday

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

President's Day = a day at the beach!

Congrat on the weight loss. You're headed in the right direction!

2:46 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Weight loss, whoo-hoo! Congrats!

I think you should let them hear your kids in the background! They'll be thinking, wow, that woman is the epitome of multi-tasking! What's that? Do I hear her knitting too? Give her a raise!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

LOL, MT!!!! NO joke! You need to be my boss, I think!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Hey if you aren't doing anything on this Sunday af...
Are you a fun person?
My new renter
Friday Feast # 3
TT # 28
Snow Emergency Etiquette
Lest you think I kid....
Peter and Paul
The Master of My Domain
Snow snow go away


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button