Monday, February 26, 2007

Giving my kid a hard time

Sometimes I like to give my kids a hard time.

Queen Bee asked me last week if I remembered "the fair" that our local Catholic school puts on every summer. Of course I did. But I said I didn't. And that ticked her OFF!

Don't you remember it, Mommy?
Nope.
Mommy! Yes you do!
No I don't.
MOMMY! Door Man, do you remember it?
No.
You're just saying that because Mommy said no.
No I'm not. I don't remember it.
Ok... Monkey, do you remember the fair there?

Now, the Monkey is three. She doesn't remember anything beyond yesterday...

and she said she remembered the fair.

SEE Mommy! I told you! There IS a fair there.
Queen, you know that the Monkey will say yes to anything ... watch this...

Monkey, do you remember when they put that big Santa Claus up in that car dealership?
Yes.
Do you remember the Fort that used to be here?
Yes.
Do you remember when the bridge collapsed?
Yes.

Turning to the Queen, I told her that the Monkey is too little to remember things, and she will agree to anything you ask her (if she's in the mood, of course).

I finally let the Queen off the hook and told her that I did indeed remember the festival at the school.

About two minutes of silence goes by, and the Man looks at me and says....

What bridge?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God love him..I can so hear it!
Yeah of TT!!!
I know what you mean though..but it is good for the mind woman!
Oh it's Monday, happy Monday.
Don't you love our morning blog rituals?

7:36 AM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

Are you sure you are not my sister in disguise? I do the same thing...had a long moment with my 6 yr-old about the fact that I am only 25. The look on her face said it all...mama's either losin' it or turning stupid...and she wasn't letting it pass. She LOUDLY asserted that I had told her differently and if that was true then I had her oldest sister when I was 10 and "that's just gross, MAMA!" Dontcha hate it when they discover math is useful?!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a mom of three boys...I can absolutely see the Man being late on the draw like that. Love it!

Oh, and it is every parent's right to give their children a hard time. Otherwise, what fun would parenting be? LOL!

Happy Monday, I'm home with mine today. Darn snow. Did you get any with this storm?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Got nothing, Sue. We got some freezing rain stuff yesterday, but they kept telling us to prepare for an ice storm. We were pleasantly surprised yesterday morning...

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just means you're a good mom. If you weren't giving the kids are hard time, I'd wonder what kind of mother you were.

Can't wait until they're teenagers, then you can really give them a hard time and have even more fun with it.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe The Man is too old to remember? LOL!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I thought kids existed just for crazy mind games like that. My parents did it to us all the time and I already do it with my own kids. lol

11:53 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Crack me up. I've got a few years, but I can't wait to mess with my kids' minds. Fun!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck said...

your brutal in a hilarious sorta way

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Good morning, Onemanbandwidth!
AppetizerWhere on your body do you have a scar, an...
TT # 29
Do you think the Monkey needs this?
Thank you, Valentine
Remedial Email Reading 101
Hurry Up, Abe ... George is having a Global Teleco...
Hey if you aren't doing anything on this Sunday af...
Are you a fun person?
My new renter


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button