Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Think of your most embarassing moment ....

and I will top you.

I have had a few. We all have, haven't we? Times when we were caught saying something we shouldn't have. Times we would like to just sweep under the rug, to forget about them forever.

I had one really embarassing moment that I thought could never be topped. Until yesterday.

When I was a full 8 1/2 months pregnant with the Queen (and when I weighed considerably less than I do now), Ace and I were at my parents house. We were up to attend my 10th high school reunion (we should have saved the gas....), and my parents were out of town so we had their house to ourselves.

No. This is not about s-e-x. This is about a s-h-o-w-e-r. And with only me involved.

I knew that Ace was taking our things out to the car to head on back to Kentucky, so I got in the shower and I left the door (that swings out, not in) open because I always get hot when I take showers and am getting ready.

So full-bloom pregnant, I am standing there drying my hair. I hear someone coming up the stairs, and I thought it was Ace. It was my DAD. I stood there. He stood there. Instead of him shutting the door for me, I had to reach out into the hallway to get it.

I think we both have tried to burn the image out of our minds.

And then yesterday happened.

I was coming back to our bedroom to change out of my pants. I decided to change out of my underwear, too. And call Ace on my cell phone. So I am standing in my tshirt only ... and my MOTHER comes into my room. She needed to tell me something. I thought she had left.

Oh..... Oh. Oh. Ummmm... I just wanted to ... oh.

I am standing there trying to pull my shirt down over the important things, but I just finally give up. And all the while, Ace is sitting on the other end of the line, listening.

Now ... she said she didn't know I had my underwear off. I said I couldn't believe that because she was acting all flustered.

I keep trying to remind myself that these are the people who gave birth to me. It hasn't convinced me yet.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL..
the last person you want to see you naked..your DAD!
now your mom..
will you quit showing your stuff around woman?
Next I'll be seeing you through the window!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Self-Proclaimed Supermom said...

That is too funny :)

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, the thought of either of those situations happening makes me want to curl up in a ball and die. But it is oh so funny reading it on your blog.

Congratulations, you win the award for the Most Embarrassing Moment.

Ha! Too bad that wasn't a category in high school voting, eh?

*snort*

9:39 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Oh yeah.... I would DEFINITELY have won something for that.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Michele R said...

Okay, here it goes...

Some years ago, when I still worked for wages, I worked for a university in upstate NY. Since we lived fairly close to campus, I would walk from my house to the sports complex, where I could catch a shuttle bus to main campus.

One spring day, I was walking to work, wearing a dress (with hose & a slip).

Little did I know that on my last trip to the bathroom before leaving home, I had tucked the back hem of my dress (and slip) into my pantyhose. Clad thusly, I walked approximately two long blocks - along a busy thoroughfare - before a passing motorist stopped (at his wife's insistence) to let me know of my predicament. Actually, the wife let me know.

It was all I could do not to return home and curl up into a little ball on my bed.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

Oh Michele!!!!! oh my GOSH!!!!

Ok... I think that is MUCH more embarassing than my two stories combined!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really have embarrassing moments, simply because I'm pretty hard to embarrass.

living with my parents right now we've almost had a few awkward moments, but nothing major, thank goodness.

Once my grandma flashed my uncle! we all laugh about it now.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Most Likely To....
Reward systems
Condescending phone calls
And now... i can talk about it
Lip smackin' good
My newest creation
Lucky # 13
Happy Father's Day
Friends are friends forever...
Dogs


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button