Friday, June 29, 2007

Timing is everything

I pride myself as an individual who has a pretty good sense of humor, and pretty good timing. Am I standup material? No. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But I do love a good laugh, and I do love to make people laugh. At all times. My goal every Wednesday night is to drive the choir director crazy and crack a joke or two. Most of the time it works. Sometimes, the only person who laughs is one guy who totally gets my sense of humor. But hey ... you'll have that.

I love it when the kids have good timing, too.

Case in point: a few months ago, the Monkey decided to entertain us with her rendition of a choir song the Kinderchoir sang during their spring program. God Wants Us To Do Right ... Do Right .... Do Right. God Wants Us To Do Right Do Right Do Right Do Right. Stupid.

That was exactly what she said. Stupid. In perfect time with the song. Timing is everything.

A few weeks ago, we were eating dinner. The Man was in his usual shoveling food in his mouth as fast as it could go mode, and the Monkey was busy picking at her food and offering the evening's entertainment. The Queen had already gotten up from the table. The Monkey was doing something monkey-ish, and I told her she needed to settle down. She kept it up. I looked at her and said "you need to STOP this instant. You look like a MONKEY!"

The Man with his head in his plate, shoveling food in at a constant rate, not looking up states matter of factly ...." and you smell like one, too." Timing is everything.

Maybe I'm raising some jokesters. Maybe not. But they are trying, and I'm proud of that.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah! Love it. All of ours are picking up on the smart-ass syndrome that Pman and I both have. He's worse than me though, he's a HORRIBLE influence on our kids. LOL!

Too funny!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

That's the best! And yes, timing is everything...we applaud good timing in this house. In my book, good parenting involves nurturing the natural, but sensitive, smart-ass!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with ann, it's part of being a good parent.
my hubby has the best timing of anyone I've ever met. we constantly play off of each other and can keep people in stitches for hours on end.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Lovely She, that is me!

I'm a mom of three peeps ... Queen Bee, The Door Man, and the Chandelier Monkey, and wife to Ace, the Helpful Hardware Man. I created this space to get away from the people known as my inlaws, and because life with three kids and a hubby is all Unexplored Territory.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nine-year-old who seems to be growing older every minute, has an opinion and a comment for everything, and has a true servant's heart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The seven-year-old who loves the organization of things, will someday be someone's therapist because of his kind soul, and will more than likely be living with us until he is 40 years old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The five-year-old with the 13-year-old attitude, who has a dictator's personality, asks you to watch her all the time and say "hold on" to keep your attention, and will someday come home on the back of some dude's motorcycle with 10 tatts and a body piercing or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The man of the house, the fixer of things, the winner of prizes, and the only person in his family to escape the South.

Yawn
On your marks ...
Think of your most embarassing moment ....
Most Likely To....
Reward systems
Condescending phone calls
And now... i can talk about it
Lip smackin' good
My newest creation
Lucky # 13


RKWP
Christie
Aleta


April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

ROFL button